Saturday, July 2, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Yesterday was my husband's birthday.A special day in my life. So me an my daughter decided to bake chocolate cake for him since he likes chocolate flavour alot. Baking cake late night along with my daughter was quite fun. It came out really well soft and spongy. It's a simple plain cake made without using butter. would like to share that recipe with you all.
CHOCOLATE CAKE(WITHOUT USING BUTTER):
- Maida - 1cup
- Powered Sugar - 1cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Egg - 3 nos
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Refined oil - 100ml
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Sieve maida, baking powder,and cocoa powder together.
- Sieve powered sugar and salt together.
- Mix the two separately sieved ingredients together.
- Add egg yolk,oil,water,and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Beat the egg white separately till stiff and then add it together with the cake mixture.
- Pour the contents into a greased vessel.
- Bake it at 150 C for about 30min.
- Remove from oven and cool the cake uniformly